Within the past month I have accepted a new position at work. I am the new Pep Squad Advisor for the 2010-2011 school year. I took this year off from coaching to spend more time with Luke and now I will be going back next year as the Advisor with 39 new girls. I will not spend as much time coaching as I will advising and will also spend most of my time with the girls during school hours. Luke will have fun this summer at some cheer practices and cheer camp. After seeing the girls with Luke this weekend I know he will enjoy every minute with them. : ) This program means a lot to me as I was a JV Cheerleader and Varsity Songleader at this high school. I feel so blessed to work at my Alma Mater and give back to the place where Chris and I first met!
Our 1st Christian service project was the OC MADD (Mother's Against Drunk Driving) Walk in Huntington Beach. Our team raised almost $400 for the cause. We walked in honor of Courtney Stewart (a younger sorority sister of mine, and a dear friend of my other cheer coach) who died last year in an accident. We had custom shirts made with her name printed on the back. We even saw my current Alpha Chi Omega sisters walking for the cause as well, it was really neat. My mom and Luke joined us and we had a GREAT time. I am looking forward to a WONDERFUL year with my girls and awesome coaches!




0 comments:
Post a Comment