CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Luke's 23rd & 24th Weeks

Another 2 weeks has flown by and Luke just keeps growing up. A teacher at the school I teach at told me that Luke would be disobedient from the first day he was born because he won't listen when I tell him to slow down from growing so much! I now know what that means as it seems Luke is doing something new everyday. I have recently given him the nickname "birdie" because he opens wide like a bird when he eats and he's been making "MMMMM" sounds over and over like a birdie...it's soooo CUTE, sometimes he even shrieks like a birdie.

Luke is now eating 4 different foods. He has had rice cereal, sweet potatoes, avocados and bananas. It's been so much fun making baby food with my mom. We both have serving upon serving in our freezers to use at a later date. We will be starting oatmeal in the next couple of days followed by squash, sweet peas and peaches. I'm interested to see how the sweet peas go...

In the past week Luke has been doing really well sitting on his own. He still needs his hands to support him, but it won't be long until he is sitting without the assistance of his hands. I'm really excited for him to be able to sit by himself so he can really start playing with his toys. Right now he loves grabbing a toy and banging it up and down over and over again. He discovered he liked to do this in a restaurant...I was praying he wouldn't throw it on someones table. :)

Our biggest challenge this week was weaning Luke from the pacifier (he only really used it when he was going down for his naps). It took about 3 days for him to get used to taking naps without it, but now it seems as if he doesn't even miss it. We had a few days of crying before naps, but I believe it is worth it now as he will go down within 5 minutes with no paci!!! We are so proud! :) The little things we find joy in now right?

0 comments: