We had a great Memorial Weekend with a BBQ at our cousin's house! Luke went in the pool for the first time and LOVED it! Andrew's Prom was the next day. AJ looked so handsome and went with one of my student's, Clarissa. They took a 40 passenger bus and went with 19 other couples. It was fun to see my brother all dressed up, he had a blast at his Senior PROM!
The following weekend Chris had an event with his Training Academy. It was a Day of Champions at the new SportClips haircuts in West Covina. It's an all men's haircut store with TV's of sports playing while they receive a haircut, steamed towel, and shoulder massasge. Chris had USC's next year's starting Quarterback Aaron Corp and future UCLA quarterback Richard Brehaut attend the event to sign autographs and encourage his young athletes. The proceeds from the haircuts are going to the Champion Scholarship Fund so families with financial hardships can still send their sons to train with Chris's academy. It was a fun event, and Luke was such a good boy while were there for about 5 hours.
The next week was followed by AJ's graduation activities. Chris and AJ both played in the Bishop Amat Senior/Faculty basketball game. The past two years I have played, but I didn't quite feel I was in basketball shape yet. :) HA you should see me play b-ball it is quite hilarious! I'm still such a rah-rah. Chris still represented the Rix's since he was able to play after being a football coach this past season. Our faculty team beat the seniors 39-27 and both Chris and AJ played a great game. Chris dunked twice, and AJ stole the ball from Chris. My mom and I kept going back and forth cheering for the students when AJ was in and cheering for the FACULTY the rest of the time. Luke was wearing his special AMAT A onesie grammi had specially made for him....it was too CUTE!!! A few days later AJ graduated! It was quite a special graduation for me since I was able to walk with the faculty in my academic robes and see my brother and my many students graduate. I couldn't help but get a little emotional when they called AJ's name and I saw my baby brother graduate. I am so PROUD of him!
Luke continues to be such a great little boy. He has such a sweet dispostion and is so go with the flow! I was able to weigh Luke yesterday and he is at a whopping 15 lbs. Whew he is really growing fast!




1 comments:
Oh wow...he really is staring to look like Chris in that picture! How cute! I wish I could meet you little man!
Post a Comment