CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 22, 2009

Luke's 12th and 13th Weeks!

Watching Sesame Street Nap time
(Took these pictures with my phone)


We are now well into Luke's 3rd month, and he just keeps getting more and more FUN! Don't get me wrong having a little one is a lot of work, but just so worth it and so rewarding!

Mother's Day didn't quite go as we had planned as I ended up in the emergency room the night before Mother's Day with a 103 fever. It came out of nowhere, and I was so concerned about the "swine flu" that we went straight to St. Jude. Chris and I sat in the emergency room for 6 hours to find out I had a virus and they couldn't do anything to help me. I was just relieved to know that it wasn't serious even though I had to sit in the waiting room with a mask over my face. People were looking at me and wanting to sit far away....it was kind of funny! By the time we left it was after midnight and officially Mother's Day. We spent the next day very quiet at home. Chris made me brunch, and we spent the day watching movies. My wonderful mom even cooked dinner for us and sent it over to our house. Mom's are the BEST aren't they? After 48 hours I was myself again, and thank God Luke didn't get sick!

The next weeks were followed by a birthday dinner for papa, a visit to Auntie Vee's to see Luke's Auntie Carol from Canada, more trips to Grammi and Papa's, a visit to Great Grand Amee's house since she was home after her hip surgery & another birthday party for cousin Karissa Faith who turned 1! Luke is sure a busy boy!

Luke loves sitting in his Bumbo, laying on his activity mat grasping and kicking his golden sun, singing songs with mommy in the morning, watching Sesame Street, and now watching his puppies Noel and Champ run around. Luke loves talking to us when we change his diaper, it's so cute! My mom and I caught Luke playing Peek-a-Boo with his mobile of bears at her house. He would look at them turn his head then turn back look at the bears and give them a big smile. We watched for a good few minutes while he played with his bears, then he got tired and fell asleep. Luke continues to be a great eater and great sleeper. Mommy and Daddy love geting 7-8 hours of sleep every night....thanks Luke!!!


2 comments:

the mangiafico family said...

So cute!!!!! he is getting so big and so handsome!!! =) aven will be such a proud girlfriend ;)

xoxo

Caitlin Rodriguez said...

Oh gosh he is so cute! You are such a good mommy, Luke looks as happy as can be! Glad to hear you both are getting some rest, he is such a good boy!
xoxo! Caitlin